Qualifications & Positions
Doctoral Candidate University of Warwick, 2011 - 2015
Details: Studying the transport of hot electrons into a shock ignition inertial confinement fusion targets for commercial power generation, space propulsion and physics experiments. Work was undertaken with the Centre for Fusion, Space & Astrophysics. Thesis Title: "An Examination of Shock Assisted Ignition Inertial Confinement Fusion via Hot Electron Conduction Transport and Vlasov-Focker-Planck Modelling of Laser Plasma Interactions".
Msc Astrophysics, University of London, 2000 - 2002
Details: Stellar Structure & Evolution, Plasma Astrophysics, Astrophysical Fluids, Cosmology, Relativistic Astrophysics, Extragalactic Astrophysics, Accretion Processes in Astrophysics, Solar System Dynamics, Research Methods in Astrophysics, Nuclear Astrophysics, Galaxies. Thesis Title: "Mathematical Models of the Solar Wind".
BEng Aerospace Engineering, University of London, 1996 - 2000
Details: Engineering Mathematics, Engineering Materials, Stress Analysis, Structural Analysis, Dynamics, Vibrations, Mechanics of Fluids, Elementary Aeronautical Engineering, Classical Aerodynamics, Applied Aerodynamics, Thermodynamics, Engineering Design, Stability & Control of Aircraft, Aerospace Structures, Operational & Financial Management, Aerospace Design, Aircraft Propulsion, Electrical Technology, Engineering Materials. Thesis Title: "Thermal Protection Systems for Spacecraft Atmospheric Re-entry".
Foundation Certificate Science & Computing, University of East London, 1994 - 1996
Details: Digital Systems, Computer Skills, Computer Programming, Scientific Method, Applied Physics, Living with Technology, Mathematics
Employment & Positions
- Chairman, Institute for Interstellar Studies, USA, 2017+
- Advisory Council, Breakthrough Initiative Project Starshot, 2016+
- Managing Director & founder, Terra Altair Ltd, UK, 2016+
- Director & co-founder, Nebula Sciences, USA, 2016-2017.
- Director & co-founder, Nebula Sciences Ltd, UK, 2015-2017.
- President & co-founder, Institute for Interstellar Studies, USA, 2014+
- Visiting Lecturer, International Space University, Strasbourg, France, 2013+
- Consultant, Reaction Engines Ltd, 2013.
- Chief Editor, Journal of the British Interplanetary Society, UK, 2012-2016.
- Executive Director & co-founder, Initiative for Interstellar Studies, UK, 2012+
- Council Member, British Interplanetary Society, UK, 2012-2013.
- Vice President & Co-founder, Icarus Interstellar, USA, 2011-2012.
- Managing Director & founder, Stellar Engines Ltd, UK, 2011+
- Deputy Chairman, British Interplanetary Society Technical Committee, 2010-2015.
- Assistant Editor, Journal of the British Interplanetary Society, UK, 2010-2012.
- Practitioner, Tau Zero Foundation, USA, 2007-2012.
- Project Leader & Founder, Project Icarus, 2009-2011.
- Visiting Researcher, Imperial College, UK, 2005.
- Physicist, Ministry of Defence, 2002-2015
- Lecturer Space Science, Reading University, 2004-2006.
- Teacher, Engineering Design, East London College, 2000-2002.
- Technician Scientist, Defence Evaluation Research Agency, 1999.
- Member, Smithsonian National Air & Space Society, 2013+
- Member Mars Society, 2013+
- Associate Member, International Association of Astronomical Artists, 2013+
- Member Planetary Society, 2010+
- Chartered Member, Institute of Physics (CPhys MInstP), 2007+
- Fellow British Interplanetary Society (FBIS), 2008+
- Member British Interplanetary Society (MBIS), 1999-2007.
- Member Whale & Dolphin Conservation Society2013+
- Fellow, The Royal Astronomical Society, 2000-2005.
- The Royal Aeronautical Society, 1997-2000.